THE QUANTUM BEAUTY COMPANY LIMITED
DRAFT PRIVACY STATEMENT
1. Introduction and General Terms
2. What information will QBC collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of QBC's services, activities or online content, such as (by way of example only) newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards or email, telephone or text, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth or other information about you.
By submitting your details, you enable QBC (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content that you have selected.
3. How may QBC use the information it collects about me?
QBC will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
• to provide our services, products, activities or (where applicable) online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
• for "service administration purposes", which means that QBC may contact you for reasons related to the service, product, activity or online content you have signed up for;
• to provide you with information about our services, products, activities or online content;
• to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive or illegal use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not;
• to analyse and improve the services offered on QBC websites; and
• to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. QBC may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where QBC proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. When will QBC contact me?
QBC may contact you:
• in relation to any service, product, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that QBC can deliver the services to you;
• in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about QBC products or services.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
QBC will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new products, services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this.
6. Will QBC share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within QBC. However, sometimes QBC may use third parties to process your information on our behalf. QBC requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and QBC requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on QBC websites
If you post or send offensive, defamatory, inappropriate, objectionable or illegal content anywhere on or to QBC websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any QBC service, QBC may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where QBC reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), QBC may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to QBC. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will QBC keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
10. Can I find out what personal information QBC holds about me?
11. What if I am accessing QBC websites outside the UK?
5 Millars Brook, Molly Millars Lane, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 2AD, United Kingdom +44 (0) 118 391 3430 Sales@qbc.gb.com
Last revised 27th September, 2013